Music Banter - View Single Post - Rage Against the MODchine
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 12:20 AM   #209 (permalink)
Paedantic Basterd
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
well, here are my thoughts and ideas to name a few

1. letting users choose a forum site theme background to their liking, specific to an album cover say i can choose to make Beyonce's B-day cover album as background image of my musicbanter page. not just the profile but the whole entire site.
This idea has been suggested, but placed on a backburner. It would require the administration (read: not moderation) of the site to configure the forum in a manner so that it is skinnable. We do not even know if the forum we are on is capable of supporting such a function. Our relationship with the administration is a feeble one, and as such, even small requests are procrastinated or denied.

Ultimately, I like the idea of skinning the site, but I see it as a long-shot request.

Quote:
2. we should have a monthly countdown of like top10 musicbanter hits for the month. of course, it should be based from modern and current music, mods/members can nominate and vote for songs they like. sum up the result, then we have our top10 for that month. it should be an official musicbanter top10 song for that month though as some troll might create their own thread of top10.
Interesting in theory, though I see it difficult to accomplish in practice.

Quote:
3. we should also have like a member of the month. of course any criteria can be used, he can be the member of the month cause he's contributed so much, technically in the forum, or just being beautiful, mods can select whatever criteria they choose but member of the month means that member gets to have a specific thread created just for him. in all his glory.
Another interesting suggestion, but I envision it becoming troublesome. I neither approve nor reject this idea.

Quote:
4. we should have an official monthly musicbanter featured artist. mods can agree among themselves which artist they want to be 'officially' be the musicbanter featured artist for that month and post recent music contributions and happenings of that artist. note, we don't want old artists who did not contribute anymore or have no songs anymore in the current year. we need an artist that is current and modern 2011.
We do have weekly featured genres, which I think better suits the community, as it's less restrictive and better suits the broad range of tastes that our users possess.

Quote:
5. not sure if you're familiar with this but it would be fun if we can apply reps 'reputation' functionality in this forum. members can give green reps for a post that's totally awesome and red reps for posts that are stupid and that rep will show on a member's status if he had too much green or too much red. this will enable the member to reflect if he's already being hated or loved by other members. it boosts morale and confidence and brings back the senses of those trolls getting too much red.
I would hate to see something so frivolous used to bully or inflate other users. I think it would produce unnecessary drama.