Music Banter - View Single Post - Deconstructing Matious
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #27 (permalink)
TunechiBaby
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
Drake
Take Lil Wayne and Kanye West, mix them together. Filter out any individuality, originality, personality or creativity. Pour it into one of those big plastic novelty cups with the advertising for "Step up 2 the streets 2" or w/e, and that overpriced bull**** in the cup is my not-quite-there metaphor for drake.

The dude might as well not even be a real person. He follows lil wayne coat tails so ****ing closely if it wasn't for the fact that he occasionally sings his own hook (im on one!) they would be the same artist.

You know how people blame nirvana for the creation of nickelback and bush and all that watered down bull****? I blame Lil Wayne for drake, tyga, nicki, big sean, and all this watered down, bland cornball punchline rap.

Drake isn't a musician as much as he is a driven entertainer, who knows how to play the part of a trendy rapper. It really isn't that ****ing hard with the help of a studio. Childish Gambino is just as good, any run-of-the mill comedian can write these punchlines,you just got to look the part.
Reading that you clearly have not spent any time listening to Drake's music or actually learning anything about his artistry or him as a person.

And no he is not the "same artist" as Wayne at all...

But I guess because he is known and is a platinum selling artist you wont ever try to appreciate him or even accept that your whole opinion of him and of many other artists is based off stuff you pulled out of your own ass.
We In The Same Picture But We All Got Different Poses "

'Nightmares Of The Bottom'

Last edited by TunechiBaby; 06-22-2011 at 11:53 AM.
TunechiBaby is offline   Reply With Quote