Music Banter - View Single Post - Deconstructing Matious
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 11:57 AM   #29 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunechiBaby View Post
Reading that you clearly have not spent any time listening to Drake's music or actually learning anything about his artistry or him as a person.

And no he is not the "same artist" as Wayne at all...

But I guess because he is known and is a platinum selling artist you wont ever try to appreciate him or even accept that your opinion of him is based off stuff you pulled out of your own ass.
Yea, he's not the "same artist", he's pretty much the same artist. There's nothing to appreciate in Lil Wayne or Drake raps.

The albums go platinum because hard ass little kids/teens buy it, even though their rapping is whack...

Maybe you didn't read Matious' post correctly, but I agree with what he said and lol'd at what you said. I doubt I'm alone.

Edit: I mean, who decided that the kid in the wheelchair from Degrassi needed to become a mainstream rap star? He had/has no skills to speak of. It's like a record exec. picked him up for his image and molded him into part of the money making machine. I know his rhymes and wordplay are awful, but whats worse is everybody wants to excuse it. "Hello, you're a rapper. Your job is to be good at rhyme and wordplay. Why are you READING a 'freestyle' over the radio?" That was enough for me... reading a pre-written rap and telling people on the radio he's freestyling it.

Last edited by Mrd00d; 06-22-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote