Music Banter - View Single Post - just a night in the life of personified apathy.
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 11:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
frontwards
Groupie

Default just a night in the life of personified apathy.

So i tried the whole "writingdownwhateveryouthinkoffirst" technique, i'm not impressed with the outcome but i decided to share nonetheless.

---

i was born a blonde but all my mother saw was red. she taught me how to survive and how to pretend to live; i still have trouble discerning the two. The songbirds are closing in. take me home, unhook the phone. make me understand that it takes a wrecking ball to get through to such a common man. i swerved for a month last night trying to reach you. cutting into thick clouds of ghosts that i couldn't get through. i was born with a story to tell but i'll die a record keeper. i fooled the world when i told them i could feel, they didn't want me around to spread the disease. so i spent the first half of my life being eclipsed by different shadows and the other half not existing at all. just pack up my lies in the phone book i hollowed out for you, but be a dear and leave me one more by the staircase. the screen door is slamming and i don't know what to do. i can't work locks since i found god. all my secrets are escaping through the holes in the wall. i thought i had canceled that subscription? but with your smile and your hair hanging in seemingly random, descending points along my wall it kind of looks like you are falling down drunk. forgive me, i'm a few drinks behind.
frontwards is offline   Reply With Quote