Music Banter - View Single Post - When Someone is Banned
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 12:14 PM   #655 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Wow. I couldn't imagine being banned from here. I just don't think I could ever lose it enough to warrant it. I think there is a silent way of being respectful to the place/members and still having your views. But hey, you can't win em' all.
Being banned from somewhere isn't always about losing it, I know that from experience. I've been banned from a forum before now basically for being a nuisance within the rules.

Long story short, the forum in question seemed ok at first glance, the more I posted however the more I started to realise the place was just a ****ing groupthink of retards and arrogant nerds par excellence. I can't really overstate just how deluded the mentality of the place and most everyone in it really was.

So of course, me being me, I make a whole bunch of posts in various threads and start a few threads of my own that stay within the rules, but the content is pretty much just a harsh critique of the mentality within the place. Drama occurs like a mother****er because the groupthink totally can't handle the idea I'm right, but not a one of them is articulate enough to argue back against my points without coming out of the exchange looking stupid.

So the mods get pissed at me for inciting drama, when, delicate flowers that they are, some of the more stupid members of the forum complain that I'm mean to them.

A while later, I break an insignificant rule via sarcasm, and the mods deliberately misinterpret my intent, claim I was attacking other members, and ban me. I've even gotten a partial admission of such from one of the mods who was less involved in the decision.

And yet people wonder why I defend our mod team. I've seen bad moderation and worse communities, and this ain't it. Of course I'm going to defend the mods. They could be a ****load worse, and I've not really seen any mod teams that are significantly better, except on forums where the community has no real troublemakers for the mods to deal with, which is hardly a fair bar to judge by, considering this forums size and propensity for attracting people who engender negative opinion consistently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!

Last edited by GuitarBizarre; 06-25-2011 at 12:19 PM.