Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #6377 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1986 View Post
In Utero used to be my favourite, but over time I just began to appreciate Bleach and the early Nirvana sound a bit more. You can't beat the power of songs like 'School' and 'Negative Creep'. But I'd definitely choose In Utero over Nevermind.
Do not get me wrong, as I have said before I have been into Nirvana since 1991, and they were my favorite band for years. I have a connection to every Nirvana album and song.. so really, it is all favorite to me. I should say "In Utero" is my more listened to album.

I love "Bleach", but with it I find, they were better moving away from the more straight up grunge sound, that was being done at the time. That was a great debut, but had they stuck with that sound, I think their glory would of not been what it is. It is a great debut, from a band still on the search for an identity all their own. I love it for what it is, but "In Utero" to me is more of a repeat listen.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote