Music Banter - View Single Post - Do Women Get Equal Pay?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 11:14 AM   #52 (permalink)
Sansa Stark
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
Yea the date thing was a joke. Thats entirely up to women to do. It really should be whomever asks whomever out. I just went on this date with a girl who asked me out and I was about to pay and she stepped in and said ill get it I asked you out. I thought that was pretty classy.

And yes I am very aware of that draft fact, but it is definitly somehting that should be brought to light when women's rights activists bring the issue up. To men by law it is considered "your right" to be drafted.

I would very much like to know womens rights activists opinion on this matter, as id be interested in there interpretation.
I hoped so, haha. I guess I'm too used to people saying things like that seriously. I don't feel that anyone should be required by law to serve in the military, so yeah, if one gender has to do it, it's only fair that women could be too. But I'm pretty fervently anti-war. The thing is, I'm not just a women's rights activist, feminism just means that you believe men and women should be treated equally.
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote