Music Banter - View Single Post - A question to vegetarians
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 02:41 PM   #566 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie1 View Post
My youngest daughter chose to be vegetarian a few months ago. She still eats eggs and cheese, so I'm not sure if vegetarian is the correct title. Her choice was based on how the animals are treated before and during slaughter. I'm respectful of her choice, but it has made preparing meals a bit tougher as my older daughter and I still enjoy meat (although, for health reasons, we only have it a couple times per week. Mostly chicken). Can any of you share some meals that would be satisfactory to the three of us? You know, meatless but something other than the pasta that I find myself making way too often?
To avoid cluttering up the thread (I'm new here. Don't want to get myself in trouble), feel free to PM any recommended recipes to me. Thanks in advance!
There are lots of good dishes without meat or pasta.

Eggplant Parmesan
Bread and pan fry some eggplant slices, then roast them in the over with tomato sauce and parmesan cheese.

Stuffed Peppers
Hollow out some green peppers and stuff them with rice and whatever else you want (tomatoes, diced peppers, onions, cheese, garlic, mushrooms, etc). Top them with cheese and breadcrumbs and roast them in the oven.

Portobello Mushroom Burgers
Grill or pan fry some portobello mushroom caps and treat them just like a hamburger.

Potatoes Au Gratin
Peel and thinly slice potatoes. Layer them in a casserole dish. Boil some milk, butter and flour and pour over the potatoes. Top with cheese and herbs and bake.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote