Music Banter - View Single Post - The coming out thread - Take II
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 09:36 AM   #25 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
Phanastasio, you are so lucky you have a mom as awesome as that. imagine if all parents are like that, how young children wouldn't have to go through all the difficulty of growing up as gay. and perhaps more young gay people would be spared from committing or even thinking about suicide.

i applaud you're mother very much. she's truely one of a kind.!

I think its nice to see this thread treated with the respect it deserved originally. I think Phanastacio's story is one that is often rare, and not because of the understanding point of view of her mother. I think its due to the courage it really takes to tell your parents as Marijan described. There might be millions of more understanding parents out there ready to embrace the path their gay sons and daughter have chosen to go down with their life.

It takes alot of courage and alot of understanding on both sides. Nice to see that her mother was so great and values her daughter as more then a sexual being but a DAUGHTER, which is the most important thing. Bravo for those that have already shown the courage to embrace their sexuality, but more importantly bravo to those who will come out eventually and take their lives out of the closet and into their families hearts.

I hope I will not be punished for excessive use of the word bravo. Good day.

Last edited by FRED HALE SR.; 06-27-2011 at 10:47 AM.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote