Music Banter - View Single Post - Myer Briggs, Myer Briggs (personality testing)
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kevorkian Logic
Imperfectly Perfect

Default Myer Briggs, Myer Briggs (personality testing)

Ok. Who is what letter combination?

I find it quite fascinating--when you read the descriptions of your personality type, shockingly accurate (at least for me). I believe others will find this just as interesting. Or not. But that's just like your opinion, man. Also make sure you post a quick description (you can find them all over online), so that people have reference.

Also I suggest when you find out go and do some internet reading about what this means about you/what this means about who you are compatible with/ect. It will make your narcissism bone giggle with joy

I'll start. My type=ENFP (Social Scientist)

Basically I am super intuitive concerning peoples emotions and states of mind. I love human relationships and am super warm and enthusiastic. I get super close to people and then get super forgetful about their importance in my life. I also love thinking about things as a whole, and hate details of life such as being on time, organization, ect. Makes me miserable. My favorite thing in the world to do is break down people's walls and get to know what their deliciously, scrumptious core is all about. The harder it is to get to that core the more interested I am in them. I am always involved in a situation, but at the same time very distant from it so that I can analyze its true nature. It makes me appear very spacey to people, I think. I often tend to say things just so that I can watch people react so that I can better understand their motives and their inner-core. Life is beautiful and exciting.

Here is the professionally written profile of an ENFP:

Outwardly to others an ENFP may seem like a happy chappy. They are easy going, easily pleased and interested in everything around them; especially people. They really enjoy listening to others, and to move the conversation along they can be quite revealing of their own experiences to get the other person to open up. It seems as if they give themselves away completely, but this is not quite true. The ENFP has dimensions to him or herself that are never revealed to anyone except for a very close and trusted companion.

Don’t be fooled entirely by an ENFP’s interest in you, though. ENFPs are genuinely interested in people, but are also very interested in patterns of social behavior. ENFPs are a social scientist. They don’t need formulas and charts to be keep track of their findings. Information on the motivations and needs of people are constantly being added to the interior laboratory of ideas. They will subtly test their subjects with questions and actions designed almost subconsciously to provoke a response. The split nature of the ENFP is to be involved and at the same time uninvolved, observing their ‘subject’ not unlike protozoa under a microscope.

If you listen long enough they will probably contradict all the things that they spoke so strongly about giving a completely different point of view. The ENFP is aware of the contradiction, but knows that there are many ways to view a subject and do not like to cancel out an opposing view too strongly. Despite any outward confidence they need reassurance that they are OK the way they are. Sometimes they find friends among people others consider misfits, nerds or eccentrics.

ENFPs often don’t realize the impact they can have on other people. They can quickly create a feeling of intimacy by their very personal approach. Problems arise when people become too possessive of the ENFPs time an attention.

Just as they see potential in others they see potential in themselves. They want desperately to actualize that potential to benefit not only them, but to set a good example for others to follow. They desire so much (too much?) and envision a sweet life where all the elements come together with friends, family, intimacy, sex, music, good food and freedom to pursue new worlds. Their striving for this utopia seems like pipe dreams to others and ENFPs know it. Still they cannot give up as their intuition pulls them headlong into the future.

The greatest source and motivation for learning for the ENFP will come from other people. In school they will learn calculus to please a teacher they admire even though they are not naturally drawn to such subjects. ENFPs love to learn and when young are like sponges. Sometimes their brain runs so fast and continuous they can’t sleep at night.

When a person or situation no longer carries any new information an ENFP may begin to loose interest and become bored.

Friendship with ENFPs can be a problem if you need a lot of consistency. They are there, full of life and personal attention and then they might be gone for days or weeks even months without much contact. When they show up again they like to pick up right where they left off. Then as mysteriously as they came they disappear again. Usually they are either two places, at home trying to catch up on all the work they’ve avoided or with other people somewhere. They find a great deal in life fascinating. Their enthusiasm to experience it all makes them restless and independent. They know they are different from most others around them and this makes them despondent occasionally. When all is said and done ENFPs want to shower affection upon someone who loves them and accepts them for who they really are, warts and all.