Music Banter - View Single Post - When Someone is Banned
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 11:51 PM   #701 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Well, that's your prerogative. Unfortunately, he's not directly violating the rules, there is an impasse in regards to whether or not he's trolling, and any judgment made on the situation will result in an uprising.

I'm sorry to see you go.
Has there been a vote, or at least some sort of deliberation by the mods on the issue?

This reminds me of the infamous coryallen2 / mirrorball95 situation of '09, which may have been before your time. Basically those two guys were banned for doing the same thing as The Virgin. They trolled around, made hundreds of pointless and irritating posts per day, and subtly incited and provoked other members, seemingly for their own amusement and to attract attention to themselves.

Not only do I think the banning of The Virgin would be sanctioned by the majority of seasoned members, but I also think that it could bring some much needed consistency to the moderation of this site.

I personally don't think it's fair to let him stay on, having contributed nothing but detriment since his joining us, while other more contributing members continue to be banned for questionable offenses.

In conclusion, I support the movement to ban The Virgin, based on precedent that has previously been set in similar cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".