Music Banter - View Single Post - Country crossover song I can't name.
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 06:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
gfair
Groupie

Default Country crossover song I can't name.

Hi folks,

I'm turning to folks who listen to country music to try to track down the name of a song. It has been getting some top 40 radio play lately, and is a minor crossover hit, and is now creeping into memory.

The song I could only describe as a rock-like song with acoustic guitar as loud as the vocals, but it still has that element of country to it in the harmonies, so I think it began in country but has crossed over into the music streams I often listen to.

Male vocals, possibly female backing vocals, I believe the chorus starts something to the effect of "There was a dam" or "Well there was a ..." either dam or plan.

Apologies for the scraps of information, a search for most of the popular stuff has turned up nothing, the single may have been released several months ago and is waning on the charts but still gets played about once a day. It's not by The Band Perry, or Lady Antebellum, and it's not a strong country song, it sounds a lot like something John Cougar Mellencamp might have sung at one point when embracing his country roots more.

If you can, I'd appreciate even educated guesses. Thank you!
gfair is offline   Reply With Quote