Music Banter - View Single Post - Force yourself to like music
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 12:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post

The music video nearly gave me a seizure. However, I will note the depth of the production. There's a lot going on for just a simple party song. Note there are multiple horns, guitars, and percussive sounds throughout, but they aren't distracting. It was mixed well for an 80s pop song.
Ha ha! Like Janszoon, I've always liked Wang Chung's song. But let's see...something positive about it besides what you've mentioned, is that they've turned their band name into a verb. Come on, Conan...wang chung, kid, wang chung!

And listen to the lead singer's cute screech at 2:52! That is an outstanding screech. Not many songs have little screeches performed so well. I really do rather like that screech.

I like your thread idea, too, Conan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Wow pretty much everyone likes that songs, so to save Conan's thread from being an epic fail I'll post something in his abscess:
First of all, the song is entitled Tofu. That's a plus. I think perhaps they created their song to counter the bland stereotype of tofu, because if nothing else, their song is not bland.

Second, the singers create a sort of Christmasy sound with their harmonies. They often seem to be singing a round, and I like rounds. Occasionally they sound like witches and opera singers and owls. So, they move through many singing styles of music in their Tofu song, and they sing them all boldly. I couldn't help but appreciate that.

I also like the guitarists' short pink dresses.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote