Music Banter - View Single Post - Social Networking
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
captaincaptain
I Am Become Death Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Yeah I know and I didn't mean to sound as rant-y about it as that post probably read. Sometimes I just see it as you're more interested in being seen as charitable rather than actually caring about the cause. I mean I walk dogs for the Humane Society every Saturday morning, but I don't feel the need to broadcast it to everyone on FB in some attempt to appeal for approval.

What's worse is when people chastise you for not following suit in some of these events. That childhood cartoon default picture earned me a lot of scorn by some of my (former) facebook friends asking me why I wasn't taking part in it. I know not everyone is like that, and I'm probably making broad generalizations about people based on my own personal experiences which isn't right, but god dammit I just don't understand how they think they're helping anything.
I like the one's that say "all my real friends will repost this" or "97% of you will ignore this while 3% will repost this". If you're basing my friendship off of something as silly as a Facebook post, cya later.

captaincaptain is offline   Reply With Quote