Music Banter - View Single Post - Social Networking
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 05:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
EvilChuck
#based

lol @ Vanilla's Google has owned social networking line. Its not even open to the general public yet, and has been out a week now, if that. Hardly 'owning' anything tbh. Every feature on Google+ is already on facebook, with the exception of video calling but most people I know have skype for that anyway. I can already put my friends into groups and limit what each group can see on my profile, I just have to actually know what I'm doing with my account in order to know how to use this feature, whereas Google are basically offering to be facebook with extra handholding.

On the subject of social networking, overall I think its a good idea and it can be excellent if you use it to your needs, but the problem is the other people who use it. I love having somewhere where I can share stuff with my friends and family, and can stay in touch with friends outside the country and what have you. I dont really update my facebook status much except to post stories that interest me, I have twitter which I use to mostly follow people who provide entertainment and information I need and want (sports news, video games news, musicians I like etc) and my timeline is filled with only stuff I'm interested in, meaning when I check it its actually worth looking at. I did go through a phase where I tweeted alot, and actively tried to gain followers (idk why) and I soon realised the same that I realised with facebook... people annoy me, especially the attention whores that seem to clog up my facebook feed and used to clog my twitter feed. So I've pretty much started using twitter as a read only service, and facebook as a way of messaging people who I dont have phone numbers for (always inbox btw, I HATE people who post wall to wall unless its something that others might have an interest in - and no 'I love you babyyyy' does not count as interesting enough for wall to wall).

tl;dr social networking is as good as you make it, ****e friends will make your social networking annoying, twitter>facebook for news, facebook>twitter for actually contacting people.

I need to delete some people on facebook I think, or at least block their posts so that I dont have to deal with their **** anymore.