Music Banter - View Single Post - Obscure vs Most Well Known
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 08:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
Surell
Master, We Perish

Mastodon's Aragon show did the entire Crack the Skye along with a song from each of the other albums (not necessarily the most popular) and a Melvins cover. I'd say that's my kinda show as well. This show in particular i'd prefer to see Blood Mountain live. Surprises are nice, but i dunno, I guess i'd like to see a full album, or some hits. I do usually like the bands' hits, but usually if i'm into them enough i'll like a good bit of the less popular/overlooked material. And i love hearing covers live. I dunno, just gimme a good show and i'm good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_phantom13 View Post
Definitely the seminal album... if you think about it, that's going to be a special unique show itself as bands usually end up playing a mix of hits and new material for whatever they're promoting. I would ****ing love to see Dino Jr. playing You're Living All Over Me the whole way through. That, and I had to factor in that they are my favorite band, but a album of not so popular songs just wouldn't be good because, well, quite a few of the tracks after Lou left and before he came back, I can definitely go without hearing live...
Amen to all this! However, i disagree about Mascis Jr. material; Green Mind and some of Where You Been (especially What Else is New) are great and would be great live. But yeah, i don't remember if they played a lot of YLAOM when i saw them; then again, i hadn't listened to that album yet when they came here.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote