Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 02:07 AM   #10315 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by glastonelle View Post
Keeping in mind that I watched a pirated version of Black Swan, maybe my copy was a bit ****ed or something, because I honestly didn't notice any of the shots as particularly great. I thought it was slow and boring and I didn't like any of the characters except Lily. Natalie Portman's character drove me up the wall, all in all. I didn't even get to enjoy the dancing much because of the constant fear something gruesome would happen after the finger thing. So I think yes, I will join the djchameleon club

I don't really like Kevin Bacon to be honest, but as he played a villain its easier to hate him for killing Erik's mum, rather than an actor I would have liked. And YAAAAY, they are so gay for each other. Its adorable. After I saw it I felt like weeping kittens from the cuteness. Those bits where they just looked into eachothers eyes and like, cried. I saw a gif the other day which was a play on that 'Peace was never an option' line which said 'Heterosexuality was never an option'. I love fangirls. Wolverine's cameo was good, even though its always slightly pissed me off that Hugh Jackman is nothing like the real comic version of Wolverine's ment to be. But hey, thats Hollywood. I know, JJ was a disappointment. And I love her so much in Mad Men
my copy of Black Swan is pirated as well, it is a bit "staggered" - Natalie Portman's character is meant to be a whiny bitch - i thought the whole presentation of the idea of duality was done well, but well, as they say, one man's Black Swan is another man's Catwoman

i dunno, Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine is not faithful to the comics, but i like his version - but it is of course Jackman's Wolverine and not Marvel's Wolverine - i think if they wanted to stay that faithful to the comics, they should have gotten Russell Crowe to play him

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote