Music Banter - View Single Post - Songs You Hate
Thread: Songs You Hate
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 07:47 AM   #187 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

I never really hate a song until this has happened . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I think a main reason may also be over exposure.
. . . either nationally in the media, or because a friend is playing it to death.

One such song that really bugs me is Queen`s I Want To Ride My Bicycle , mainly because Queen have this unwarrantedly high reputation and here they are, passing off a childish, repetitive jingle as if it were a song. To me it`s an exercise in insincerity and cynicism, all surface and no substance - and to be frank, "classics" like We Are The Champions and We Will Rock You are not far behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Why do I hate this song? Because the song sounds too syrupy sweet and the description of love too glowing, self-satisfied and cliche. "You and I will make each night a first, ev'ry day a beginning." Oh, please. If a love song about sleeping doesn't include snoring and morning breath, then it's overly romanticized. "Love soft as an easy chair." Even easy chairs get uncomfortable sometimes.
^ Thanks for summing up my attitude to about a zillion romantic songs with your comments on Barbra Streisand.

Thanks also to jackhammer, who saves me the trouble of mentioning I Gotta Feeling by BEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
As for phlegm, I never liked getting spit on, so hearing it in a singer's voice bugs me. Can't he just swallow it down? Can't he just control his own body? Maybe it bugs me that he isn't bothered by what would bother me in myself.
^
This made me think of Demis Roussos, who turns out not to be as phlegmy as I thought, but there`s still plenty to hate in this song :-

YouTube - ‪Demis Roussos - Forever and Ever‬‏
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote