Music Banter - View Single Post - The MusicBanter Café
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 07:40 AM   #164 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumor View Post
Does anybody watch these?
Yes, they do.
It gets so lonely posting in the Folk Forum that I`ve dipped into this thread a few times, although I don`t have the tech skills to make a video myself.

The videos make for some very interesting viewing, ( so thanks everybody) and there`re a really quick way to get an idea of who`s who in MB. Because a lot of them are recorded in people`s rooms at night, they have a kind of intimate, confessional quality which is nice too.

Can I mention some specific highlights ?

Paloma: "You find a lot of a/holes when you`re an art major." It sounds like you have a lot of stories to back up that great sound-bite.

Vanilla: I loved the voice and the rendition of Mariah Carey !

Skaligojura: Presuming the knife post was a joke, it was creepily convincing.

Tumor: Stunning combination of dark eyes and bleached hair. I was very impressed that you chose Robert Mugabwe as a candidate for Skaligojura`s knife. Quite right too; he`s trampled on the hopes of a whole country just to satisfy his greed.

Jack Pat: One of the clearest, most interesting contributions. Nice story about NOT bringing pop to the art class. Keep that arcane music flag flying !

djcham: You sound like you`d be a very easy person to have a conversation with, like you`re happy to chat about anything.

In conclusion, I have to say that almost no-one is the way I imagined them to be from their posts alone. Most people turn out to be younger and less self-assured than I expected, but also the nature of this thread gives everyone a warmer, more friendly dimension - so thanks again for sharing.
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote