Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 10:59 AM   #6496 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Pat View Post
Being the fanboy that I am, I'll go ahead and throw The Velvet Underground out there as a "revered" American band. In my opinion, they are one of the most important American rock bands from the 60s. Then, of course, there is The Doors...
I have come to respect VU recently but I just dont care for Lou Reeds vocals, Ive never really gave their music a chance to be honest. But I find the biography of Andy Warhol to be one of the most interesting, subjective, and intriguing matters of discussion and debate in the history of music concerning, image, media, art.. I think Andy Warhol leaves each person with his own individual opinion as to the positive and negative aspects he applied to the music industry as an artist in an array of different aspects.

The Doors, I really noticed the vocal influence and persona of Jim Morrison in the early '90s with the grunge era. Certain sources in the media has suggested that Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam as an artist that shows a lot of influence by Morrison.

Here is a single I ran accross a couple of years back I think shows Morrison's influence.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote