Music Banter - View Single Post - What is life?
Thread: What is life?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #37 (permalink)
Kevorkian Logic
Imperfectly Perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
yes I read her post, she said mines lacked depth so I provided more of an example just like she did to only talk about specific parts of how the taxes are being used/wasted.
no, I acknowledged your point. I specifically said that I am more than happy to pay for social services, and i'd have to have my head under a rock for the past 21 years to not realize that taxes pay for police, mailmen, all that ****.

ACTUALLY, I will add depth to your argument WHILE counteracting it at the same time.

1. The police force- mainly state-funded and most of their salaries/fees it cost to run the police force come out of tickets/court fees. If you have ever gotten a ticket you'll realize it costs a lot more than the amount it usually says on the ticket. They are also funded by toll roads. So there are different taxes that fund that programs you are referring too (I was referring to federal/state taxes that come directly out of your pay check)

2. Mailmen- Stamps. Pretty self explanitory.

3. Roads- More state taxes, but sales taxes helps fund them more than you would believe.

TL;DR we see fewer benefits from our federal/state income taxes than we could imagine. Most of it goes to the military/beaucratic ****.

Reference: I interned for a state senator and saw some shocking numbers.