Music Banter - View Single Post - What is life?
Thread: What is life?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #38 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevorkian Logic View Post
1. The police force- mainly state-funded and most of their salaries/fees it cost to run the police force come out of tickets/court fees. If you have ever gotten a ticket you'll realize it costs a lot more than the amount it usually says on the ticket. They are also funded by toll roads. So there are different taxes that fund that programs you are referring too (I was referring to federal/state taxes that come directly out of your pay check)
I would think that the money that comes from toll roads go to repairing the highways more than funding state troopers.

Quote:
2. Mailmen- Stamps. Pretty self explanitory.
I have a hard time believing that stamps revenue is enough to run the whole postal system.

Quote:
3. Roads- More state taxes, but sales taxes helps fund them more than you
would believe.
yes I actually do know this sales taxes also help on a more local level for municipalities as well.

Quote:
TL;DR we see fewer benefits from our federal/state income taxes than we could imagine. Most of it goes to the military/beaucratic ****.
I'll have to take your word for it for now since I haven't seen numbers myself or researched it but I just don't feel it's that one sided where a majority goes to military/outdated programs.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote