Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #6525 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Pat View Post
Then by that logic historians' and scholars' opinions on past events are useless. Now, I'm not a musical historian by a long shot, but I think I can know how revolutionary or important an album or recording is just by looking at its innovation and uniqueness. I wasn't alive in the 1910s and 1920s, but I don't need to to know how revolutionary Russolo's and Varese's recordings and compositions were.

When it comes down to it, all The Sonics were were a garage band who played old rock 'n' roll songs in a loud manner -- influential or not.
No, you are thinking to much into it. Let's just stay within the confines of The Sonics here? what basis do you have to say they were not as influential as made out to be....

"i think I can" is the truth in your statement. that is all you can do, is think you know.

"Their debut is fun to listen to, but it's not nearly as revolutionary as people make it out to be." This statement just says assumption based on personal taste, holds no value.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote