Music Banter - View Single Post - 10 Reasons Why The Rolling Stones Were Better Than The Beatles
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #381 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Its a lame argument to say who did what first,
Well it's part and parcel of "The Beatles created the music universe because they did everything first theory." I guess it's a "first" when The Beatles do it and they are tauted innovators but when another band can be credited for a "first" it's lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
most groups from that era as with other eras borrowed ideas of each other..........it was the sign of good taste and respect for your fellow artist. The Beatles just made a better job of borrowing these ideas from others and producing consistently the better music.
The issue The Beatles did a better job of borrowing ideas, it's they had the privilege of having ideas they borrowed as accredited as their own.

George Harrison in his whole career as a lead guitarist with The Beatles didn't approach nearly the same amount of notes played on a single Les Paul song.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote