Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #7057 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

The Damned - Friday The 13th E.P.
As far as I'm aware this is the only material The Damned recorded in their original time together that I don't own. Has a fantastic cover of the Rolling Stones song Citadel which was my primary reason for hunting this down.

Skylab - Oh! Skylab E.P.
Heard a couple of their songs on a couple of compilations and was impressed enough to check them out further. Figured I'd start with their E.P. rather than with their 2 albums as I wasn't really in the mood to listen to a boring long winded electronica album. Thankfully they're far more varied than that so I shall be checking those albums out very soon.

Maad - S/T
Maad were an Italian prog band who recorded only this album and another single (Which I also have and it's great). They're kind of a jazzy prog band with latin influences. This is probably the last thing people would expect me to listen to but it's really really good.

Ellen McIlwaine - The Real Ellen McIlwaine
Ellen McIlwaine is an extremely talented blues guitarist who would also perform folk & country. Sadly her record company decided to push her as a country diva and as a result a lot of her output isn't what she would have wanted to do. This album is her doing what she wants (Hence the title) and I decided to get this on the strength of her amazing cover of Stevie Wonder's Higher Ground. She did another album free from record company pressure called Everybody Needs It which is a bit more rock orientated which is in my 'to listen to' pile.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote