Music Banter - View Single Post - Post your baroque music videos here
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 02:30 PM   #26 (permalink)
Zaqarbal
Music Addict

BACH is GOD!!

About 15-20 years ago, I saw, at home, a thick book titled Gödel, Escher, Bach. I just leafed through it, but it didn't attract my attention. Perhaps I was tired at that moment, or maybe it seemed to be too complex to me. Or maybe I was too young then. I don't know. The thing is that I forgot about the book...... until now.

This thread. A "mental chain": Bach --> guitar --> the picture I posted --> loops and fractals --> that old "weird" book. Like a sudden spark activating hidden memories.

Human brains work in mysterious ways. Even a f**ked-up one like mine. Funny, because somehow the book refers to that too:

Quote:
"Hofstadter has emphasized that GEB is not about mathematics, art, and music but rather about how cognition and thinking emerge from well-hidden neurological mechanisms."

Gödel, Escher, Bach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I've just got a copy of the book. I haven't read it yet, but it seems to be really interesting. And also........ complex, certainly. But this is a fascinating issue.

Bach's Musical Offering:

OMG, there are so many things to learn! And so much music to listen to! "I know that I know nothing."