Music Banter - View Single Post - Slayer vs Metallica
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #119 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
Slayer. Here's why (keep in mind the year-old OP is deleted so I don't know what the main question is, if there is one)

First of all, everybody who has mentioned things like "Metallica's better b/c you wouldn't have even heard of Slayer if it weren't for Metallica" is full of shit. Well maybe that's true if you weren't yet born in the 80s, or were just recently born, but the truth is that any Metallica fan from when Metallica were good also knew Slayer from back than. Moving on..

Ulrich is bad drummerPERIOD Let alone for thrash. He's a lucky guy to have hooked up with Hetfield and Mustaine back when those guys started making music.

Lombardo, however, is a genius drummer. This goes for his work in Slayer and everything else he's done. Drums are the backbone of this music and Metallica never even had a good drummer.

Hammett is not a good guitarist. Many amateur guitarists could have suited Metallica just as well. Here's proof:

I know he studied under Steve Vai or some other wanker but, along with Ulrich, he's lucky to have hooked up with Hetfield and Burton. Otherwise nobody would know who he is at all. Instead he's one of the most famous metal guitarists in the world. Right place at the right time I guess.

I could go on but I'm getting bored. Metallica is a good band. I liked them a lot as a kid but Slayer generally kicks their ass all over the place all of the time.

Slayer.
This is just embarrassing and Dave Mustaine must be thinking WTF! Poor old Hammett needs to sort his hair out as well.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote