Music Banter - View Single Post - Intense reactions to music
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 05:25 PM   #30 (permalink)
Nosferatu Man
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorSoft View Post

I don't think I've ever listened to this song and not at least teared up. Like Jesus Christ.
wow, that is an amazing song. I have most of their discography downloaded and a blunt prepared and I just want to thank you in advance for what will be a fantastic few hours I hope!!!

More on the subject I get an intensely strong reaction to I Want You, especially the lyrics 'The drunken politician leaps, Upon the street where mothers weep,
And the saviors who are fast asleep, they wait for you And I wait for them to interrupt, Me drinkin’ from my broken cup'

I like to sit back and just sort of ponder where I am in life and I always put this song on and it sends me into a 40 minute reflection on everything. I think there is something in that verse that hints at peoples inability to help themselves through their refusal to look for help. I don't really know but I can really empathise with the point of this thread.

I don't think you should stop listening to certain types of music because of how it makes you feel I tihnk you should explore why it makes you feel how you feel.
Nosferatu Man is offline   Reply With Quote