Music Banter - View Single Post - STOP Right now! thank you very Much! Spice Girls Thread!!
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 12:17 PM   #61 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrynight View Post
14 years? Where do you get that figure from? Bananarama where far from forgotten and still released records.
Spice Girls formed in 1995 Bananarama in 1981.
I never said they weren't releasing records, I was implying the Spice Girls were the first real pure pop band to have success on a worldwide level since Bananarama came along in 1981.

As for Eternal I think this is the 5th time now I said I wasn't including R&B in that.

Quote:
And then it is claimed that The Spice Girls are important as they had some copycat groups. Well acts that sell records always have other groups who follow them, doesn't mean that they or those who follow them are that significant. But it was also said here that they couldn't repeat what The Spice Girls did. So does that mean they are irrelevant then? You can't have it both ways and say it is important these groups followed them and then say they weren't actually any good.
They changed the demographic of signing boy bands to signing girl bands after the industry consensus was that girl pop groups (Not R&B girl bands) were dead. That was the only argument I was making. I didn't say they were important I just said they paved the way, which they clearly did.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote