Music Banter - View Single Post - STOP Right now! thank you very Much! Spice Girls Thread!!
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #64 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
To understand the impact that the Spice Girls had, you really had to be in the UK from around the mid 90`s onwards to experience their impact. They were always on TV, in the newspapers and the kids were always talking about them and teenage girls often identified themselves with each member of the band. They could be described as a crappy fad, but they did kick off a whole genre of manufactured girl bands and for that reason will always be remembered.
I don`t know why you mentioned the Wilson sisters in this debate, these were clearly female rocksters who fronted a rock band much like Joan Jett and Pat Benatar etc.
The Spice Girls were big here in the states also if my memory serves correct, I just never did personally give them any notice.

The reason I mentioned Heart was because I originally took it for granted that the main subject concerned "Woman that paved the way for other female artist within the music industry". I didn't realize at the time the debate subject was "manufactured girl bands". Thanks for the explanation Soldier, I really do appreciate it! my friend.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote