Music Banter - View Single Post - ...and the most significant and infuential album ever made is...
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 08:38 AM   #29 (permalink)
starrynight
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingpig437 View Post
Someone's posted on The Stone Roses album thread that it's the most significant and infuential album ever made. Someone else said this was laffable. I don't think it's laffable. Maybe it's not diverse enough and came too late in rock history compared to Sgt.Pepper or Hendrix or Dark side of the moon and all the rest.

I think that it's beyond dispute Sgt.Pepper is the most significant and infuential album ever made but that doesn't mean it's the greatest and I think we have to ask questions about an album with WI64 on it as thegreatest album ever made.
Is there a difference between an album being the greatest and being the most significant and influential?
What's everyone else think?
I just worked out you are referring to When I'm 64, which I think is a nice song with a nice somber contrast in the middle section. The arrangement is nice and it has it's place on the album.

There is no one greatest or most influential album and anyone who makes huge claims for some album as being that is likely to get some ridicule.