Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #76 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Subsurface --- Threshold --- 2004 (InsideOut)
I am going through your posts one at a time as they deserve a little time to digest and I have never heard of Threshold and unfortunately the link I found was password protected

Judging by those tracks you posted I find them a real conundrum. There is talent on board and there are some great sections of play but I also found some of those forced a little as if they haven't an identity of their own. As if they had to include keyboard lines for the sake of it and sometime they don't fit the music BUT there is a lot to admire too. Nothing hugely original but certainly enough for me to want to investigate the album.

It does have a real 80's heavy prog feel to me which is no bad thing. Although the word prog here is not the convoluted late 70's equivalent but rather the 80's melodic approach by bands like Marillion, Magnum and Twelfth Night (I will get onto them later - I did read the review!).

I just hope I can get hold of this album as I would love to give it a more thorough listen.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote