Music Banter - View Single Post - Third Eye Vision
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 04:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Vol. 7: C
No. Title Length
1. "Track 1" 2:58
2. "Track 2" 16:40
3. "Track 3" 4:14
4. "Track 4" 4:20
5. "Track 5" 1:52
6. "Track 6" 11:03
Total length:
41:13

We start out this volume with "Grease On My New Shoes". It's rockin', it's infectious, the bass is funky, the drums are groovin'. This is the most accessible track on the album. Very "In yo' face". Can't help but nod your head and tap your feet.

There's something about "Solitary Psychosis" that I hate, and while I'm thinking that, I hear something I simultaneously love. Sadly, there's a lot of that in this track. I wish I could delete this song, but there are really good moments tucked in here. It even gets my head nodding something fierce. Mostly thanks to the drums, but even the use of effects is really intriguing and proper. I think there's a keyboard in there... whatever it is, there are some cool riffs and solos on that here as well. There's just too much noodling on the guitar here in an abrasive tone to be considered a great track. It mellows out around 12:30 marker, but has a very abrasive ending. I think he's trying to crack a glass with high pitch squeals. It's not for the faint of heart, or one to cast out, but you better like Buckethead or eclectic music if you're listening to it. Or your head goes 'Boom'.

Tap your foot for "Flaming PinĂ£tas / Burnt Candy", but don't get too attached to it. There's a 30 second, akward break. When the beat picks back up, we're treated to some eerie organ and akward guitar effects.... sounds like a panther with it's testicles caught in a steel trap. I dunno, go for it:

Track 4, "Tower of Insanity". Let's see. Big giant church bell sound coming from Buckethead's guitar. Check. Brain on drums smashing like a maniac. Check. Tower ... of insanity. Nothing more. Consider it a Brain drum solo. It made me feel better.

Track 5, "Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys", seems to take place in an outdoor cafe in France. Wankery ensues. It starts off pleasantly enough, but doesn't really go anywhere or say much.

"Easter in the Batcave" starts off with a train and some loud ass chimes. Buckethead inches in with some slow, eerie notes and sound effects before warbling down into his Batcave. Once in his cavern, the echo comes on. Cool riff at 3:55 - 4:10. This track tells an interesting story. If you're imagination is hard at work, you'll write your own story around it. It's worth a listen, but not one of the best or most interesting tracks... just cool if you can appreciate it as less of a song and more of a soundtrack to a story.
Some very wicked riffs start around the 7 minute marker. Check it out!

This volume is kind of lackluster, but that's why I'm posting reviews. Take from these reviews all that you care to take. But make sure if you're interested, make your own judgments and share them!

Last edited by Mrd00d; 07-12-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote