Music Banter - View Single Post - Casey Anthony Found Not Guilty.
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 01:23 AM   #64 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
I don't think she has a thirst for murdering children. Even if she was guilty in this case, I highly doubt she'd babysit someone's kids and then kill them. She's no Amelia Dyer.

When it comes to the whole killing moral thing, I'm not really "for" the death penalty, but you do have to remember that keeping them alive costs money. It's a damn shame really.

Oh, and I can't believe this whole "death threat" thing. I could see if you disagree with the jury, but one of them had to quit her job and move out of Florida. Honestly? And even the parents, who really had nothing to do with it. Let's just kill everyone involved. Yes, that's justice.
I don't think she has a thirst for killing children either. The question was more or less trying to see if DJ thought she did it or not. If he's willing to let his (hypothetical) kids be babysat by her, then I can come to a pretty solid conclusion that he thinks she really didn't do it. I can't imagine anyone letting their kids be watched my a murderer.

I don't know what all is figured in regarding the price of executing an inmate VS imprisoning them. A lot of people say it's more expensive to execute them, which doesn't really make sense to me unless they are talking about the years they spent on death row too. I'm a fan of the death penalty because I think having lifers in prison does nothing but greatly decrease the chances of non-lifers rehabilitating. I know convictions get over turned, but there are cases where it's so plainly obvious and the evidence is overwhelming and I think those people should be executed.

Obviously just because you are proven innocent in a court of law doesn't mean you didn't commit the crime. In the same way that being convicted doesn't mean you did the crime either. There are wrongful convictions and people are wrongfully acquitted too. I just wonder, for all those people out there who really don't believe she killed her daughter, what exactly do they think happened? Do they buy the bogus 'drowning in the swimming pool' story or believe something else?
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote