Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 03:44 AM   #1155 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Glad to see the MB NBA thread guys again, I'm back from my month long stay in MB jail

The new CBA stuff looks really bad. I can honestly see no season happening next year. I'll be devastated if that happens, but the two sides are hundred of millions of dollars apart. I just can't see them closing the gap. The owners are gonna take a page out of the NHL's playbook where they locked out for an entire season and got the owners a great deal. Players have no leverage at all here and they are gonna have to really lower what they want if they wanna play next year. It's all a shame because this was the best NBA year in over a decade. The Decision really made the NBA must-watch TV even for non-NBA junkies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
Thabeet, Rubio look like they might be major flops. And there just isn't any starpower there. Some guys will turn out to be decent players, but it seemed like for a while they were pumping out stars every year.
Just commenting on Rubio...I think he is really going to dissapoint everyone. The expectations are going to be way too high for him so I hope he cna handle the scrutiny he will get over here. Luckily it's Minnesota though, who is used to being terrible and don't expect to win. I really just don't think he's an NBA player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHCl3 View Post
That's what annoys me. This franchise seems to have some sort of problem with talented centers (Lee and Amare are not true centers) since Ewing left. I just don't get it, but apparently since it's a "guards league" now centers are out of style.
I miss the centers of the league. Now it's all 7 footers who catch alley oops. Nobody has any offensive game anymore. You never see the ball go into the post like it used to. I think after years of getting owned by guys like Ewing and Shaq, teams figured out that it was easier to put the burden of defense on teams with the huge centers than trying to get beef inside to stop them. I'm talking about getting 7 footers who can shoot 3's. There's more than there have ever been, and the big old center prototype of the 90s can't guard out there. I miss the classic post-ups though.

This CBA could really hurt teams. I'm thinking a hard cap will be installed and teams are gonna have a hard time adding pieces for a few years. I think the Heat will benefit the most to be honest, because I don't think teams will be able to form these super squads after the new CBA. And for all the talk of teh heat needing to add guys, I think it's a load of shit. They got to game 6 of the Finals and probably could have swept the series if LBJ wouldn't have fell asleep and they could have closed out game 2. And they did it with the Big 3 and a group of guys they threw together.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote