Music Banter - View Single Post - Paul McCartney - The REAL King of Pop?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 11:09 PM   #87 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Did Bowie have an image? Yes, but so did The Beatles. Look after your Beatles broke up, David Bowie was the man. He was one of the best of Glam Rockers and influential to many bands after that genre fizzled out. If you looked at The Beatles throughout their history they wore faux leather jacket like "Gene Vincent" wannabees, then they don French fashion to appear like the boys next door, then they were wearing Naru Jackets, they start dressing down, then dressing up, then dressing down, wearing silk jackets, they were always into some kind of fashion conscience image. How can you make it appear like Bowie has his popularity point pushed by his image and not The Beatles?
i seem to think people just assumes Bowie is better because he's "cooler" than Paul, i seem to think musical meritoriously, they're about the same and Paul had the slight edge of being in the Beatles

all the good albums of Bowie's I can count on one hand:-

Ziggy Stardust
Station to Station
Low
Heroes
1. Outside

(and maybe Let's Dance)

the rest are mediocre to abysmal

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote