Music Banter - View Single Post - Mixtape Weekly
Thread: Mixtape Weekly
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 01:15 AM   #20 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

This week I'm going to talk about Jean Grae's Cookies or Comas, Chiddy Bang's Peanut Butter and Swelly and Young Jeezy's The Real Is Back.

Cookies or Comas

This mixtape was really put together well and I enjoyed it immensely. My favorite stand out tracks are Uh Oh, Live Up, Assassins and Killing Em. Uh Oh was actually on Talib Kweli's Gutter Rainbows. If you haven't heard that album yet, I highly recommend that you do check it out. Overall I would have to give it a 5/5.

Peanut Butter and Swelly

When I stumbled across this, I just knew that I was going to be in for a treat and I wasn't disappointed. Granted the first two tracks were a bit of a weak opening to it but everything after Heatwave is just full of win. I'll just pick two of my favorites instead of posting youtube videos of the whole mixtape lol. Another 5/5 with Chiddy Bang.

I need to find out the sample that is used for heatwave. I know it and it's on the tip of my tongue but I just can't think of it.

I could see this one being overplayed on the radio, Train just tends to do that.

Yeah, I remember when he said this during his run for the freestyle record for the guinness book of records.

I really loved this track because it has some dubstep elements to it.
well I found out why it has dubstep elements, It's the track they sampled, Flux Pavilion's - I can't stop.

The Real Is Back

Listening to this mixtape, just reminded me that I don't necessarily like Young Jeezy all that much outside of a few singles here and there.
I don't think I have even listened to a regular full album of his. If you are a fan of Young Jeezy, then you may like this but other than that I'd give it a 2/5

I don't know why but I kept listening to this one track.
I don't want to call it the stand out track but maybe it's a bit more accessible than the other tracks on the mixtape.

the main reason I like this track is probably the beat and also Fabolous but that's about it.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote