Music Banter - View Single Post - Open Mic - HELP please
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrd00d View Post
LOL our open mic sucks. There's the bartender ... he takes a break from tending to play his 2 original songs. He's quite good at being awful ... "Poop eating girl... eatin my load... poop eating girl... stomach explodes... <la da da dee da>... POOP!" It's hilariously bad.

Then one of the regulars comes up, and he knows upwards of 100 songs. He plays for about 45 minutes, let's my friend go up for his 2-4 songs, and then goes back and plays until the end of the night.

At any given open mic night, there are no more than 20 people in the bar, and only 3 musicians, maybe 4. Tops. I've never, ever, ever heard somebody read poetry at an open mic night (I know that's how the idea started).
The open mics that I normally attend are poem heavy with just the odd person here or there singing a song.

The last open mic I went to even had a teen in high school read a letter that he wrote to his principal concerning bullying and he got a standing o for it.

A little background on that though, he just came to America from some African country last year and it showed how much his English has improved over the little time that he has spent here and it was deep/meaningful.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote