Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #3426 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

What does everyone think of their clubs business in the market this summer?

I'm quite pleasantly surprised by Steve Bruces level of activity in the transfer marklet so far this summer. Personally I'm very happy with the way our squad is shaping up too. It needed a shuffle given the players we lost from January onwards and he's brought in some decent players.

I'm a little tired of hearing the Geordies criticise the signings of "Man United rejects" as personally I'm happy to see both of them sign. They may be fringe players at best at United so you could argue that they are indeed United rejects but our defence is a shambles. It needs some consistency and some leadership and hopefully Brown and O'Shea can provide that. I'm surprised how many of our own fans have complained about it too. Some fans definitely need to realise that we are NOT the big club they seem to think we are now. Wes Brown isnt good enough for Sunderland? Bollocks!

Also Connor Whickham is an exciting prospect but the price tag is a little concering. Bruce has at least shown an interest in signing some good, young players who can hopefully have a future here, at least for the next few years, aswell as experience which I believe we are lacking in. Gardner and Larsson could both be fantastic signings!

I'm not getting carried away. I dont agree that finishing in the top 6 should be a goal or a priority. But still, I think it's exciting times on Wearside!

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote