Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 06:07 PM   #2856 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdtm View Post
I have a rather unusual (I think) question, in that most of my life I've been mostly isolated from any music made later than 1960 (parents wouldn't allow that 'evil modern junk'). Well it's some years later and I'm finding random songs I like, but my collection of music I really like a lot is very small. But I also haven't tried a whole lot of music.

I have strangely selective/varied tastes I think, and am pretty much uneducated as to what other peoples opinion is of the music I listen to. For all I know the music I listen to could be considered the most girly or stupid stuff in the world. Quite frankly I don't care because it's my own personal listening anyway

As to tastes, if I go to grooveshark.com and play the top 100 popular songs, chances are I'll find maybe 1 or 2 I actually like a lot if I'm lucky.

So, here are a few types of songs whose styles I find really interesting.

Viva La Vida - Coldplay
Lovestoned - Justin Timberlake
Calling - Geri Halliwell
Africa - Toto
For You - Coldplay
Ecstasy - Andre Tanneberger
Preparedness - The Bird And The Bee
Reptillia - The Strokes

Based on these, would you have any recommendations / suggestions of songs or bands I should try?
Uniquetunes
Phish
Umphrey's McGee
Sula Bassana
Mondo Cane
Mark Farina
The Beatles
The Doors
Freak Kitchen
Beck
Cake

Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote