Music Banter - View Single Post - Enlighten me.
Thread: Enlighten me.
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 03:00 AM   #52 (permalink)
Kirby
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrd00d View Post
I'm from the Bay Area. It's 75% talk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
I doubt your calculation, sir.
I've never seen Kirby post anything even slightly negative about anything / anybody so we should listen to him.

I know you live there. And I, myself, know some people who live in Oakland who are far from poor / ghetto / etc.
And if you live there then you must know that the 'gangsta ****' going on in east Oakland is not "75% talk."

Kirby: please take the floor - if you want it... I'm listening.
I've read up on it some, but never actually been so take it with a grain of salt.

I've seen documentaries and read news and what not from the bay area (I frequent a gangster rap forum that was originated in the Bay Area, also).

I know for a fact that murder, assault, and gang related activity around the bay area are pretty high. Oakland alone has 3.5 times murder than the national average.

It's perfectly reasonable to believe that there ARE gangster rappers that ARE doing what they say they do.

Not dealing with the bay area, but for an example, two rappers "Bird" and "Black Walt" from Kansas City were arrested and charged with running one of the biggest cocaine trafficking rings in Kansas City.

Long story short, there are people that put a facade of being gang related and don't really live the life, but it's not fair to rule out that they're all fake. Plenty of rappers die/go to jail every year doing what they rap about.