Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Band: 90s Seattle Era.
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 11:32 AM   #119 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
I'm a little surprised you don't like AIC's music that well, since they have a lot of good flip material besides their more popular songs.

What do you mean about brainwashed over the whole Layne Staley phenomenon? You don't like his style of vocals, persona, or what?
Hey I don`t dislike them, I just don`t think of them as good as the other bands mentioned.

The Layne Staley thing is largely centred around the fact that his decline and death is just so drawn out and his songs usually about self disgust etc that the whole things becomes somewhat cliched. I know his demise is sad etc but the man`s demise is something out of a B-movie horror flick. Didn`t his teeth fall out, his skin turn green or blue from his severe heroin habit (I know any heroin habit is severe but his one seemed far worse) and in his final days pissing himself because he had no real control over his bodily functions! Basically you couldn`t make up a better story about a demise of a rock star.

As a singer sure he was good, but I just think Chris Cornell and Eddie Vedder to be much better.