Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Not Digging
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 05:20 PM   #306 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Arctic Monkeys - Suck It and See (2011)

Maybe it's a grower, but after my first listen I was pretty less than thrilled. The only song that really stood out was "Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair" and the rest just kind of blurred together into an incomprehensible haze until it ended. Maybe this is a "laying down and listening to it with headphones" type of album, but that just seems backwards for the Arctic Monkeys who have always been energetic and exciting. I'm beginning to get a little worried for them now, this is two albums in a row that failed to enthrall me in the same way that their debut and their magnum opus Favourite Worst Nightmare (2007) did, but at least Humbug (2009) held my attention and did its best to fuse their debut and FWN together into something that pleased both factions. Suck It and See (2011) just seemed to piddle about not really doing anything or showing any growth in the band as musicians or songwriters. At this point in time I think it's time to shelve the Arctic Monkeys and put out a new Last Shadow Puppets album Alex.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote