Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite Electronic 'Riffs'
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Default Favourite Electronic 'Riffs'

Surely most of us who are into Electronica and dance music have our favourite 'riff's' or sections that make the tracks replayable?

What this will hopefully do is bring many sub genres together with no strict criteria other than it has to be electronic in origin which may introduce some members to check out music that they not have necessarily thought about before.

The riff or 'hook' doesn't have to be the complete basis of the song but it does have to be an essential component of the song and not merely a 10 second portion of a track that sounds 'cool'.

No genre is excluded be it DnB, House, Ambient or Trip Hop and the reason I am posting this is that virtually all beat related electronic music works on the principle of hooks and riffs to draw you into the music and the really great tracks remain fixed in the mind.

A couple to get started and:

Quite a few fans didn't like the direction Noisia took with this track as it is more breaks and beats influenced than their earlier Dnb leanings but this is exactly why I find electronic music so exciting. You can go anywhere you like with it and experiment so much within such a short time frame.

Anyhow that rolling riff from 1:10 onwards is music to pogo on peoples heads to.

I have only chosen a few basic examples here but if u don't dig bass in Dance then you have no place in the universe

Outside of Reggae and Funk it is probably the best dance bassline riffs ever.

Don't tell me that you wouldn't dance to that if you haven't had a few beers at a club? Even I would dance to it and I resemble an alcoholics attempt at brushing the kitchen floor at 3 a.m I.E spasmodic and incoherent.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote