Music Banter - View Single Post - Advice thread
Thread: Advice thread
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 02:19 AM   #185 (permalink)
Nosferatu Man
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
****. I've ****ed up, and it is legitimately 100% my fault.

I've had the chance to be with this girl, who is most likely the love of my life...

And I've hooked up with her on numerous occasions, in addition to having dated previously. But I recently have had a chance to have made it official, but neglected this.

I finally decided that, you know what, I want to be with her. I really care about her, and she's been there for me for the past five years, so it all makes sense.

The day I decided this, her relationship status on facebook changed to "in a relationship" and she won't answer my phone calls.

Am I too late? Is there anything I can do?
I reckon you should drop her a text asking could you meet for a coffee and a quick chat. If she says yes it might mean she still harbours feeling for you and at said coffee I would chat amicably sound her out, see what she says about her new guy, if you think her reaction is anything short of normal you should mention how you feel. Just say something wistful and quickly mention as an aside that 'I really quite like you, you know, bit of a shame that I have to wait until you realise you'd prefer me than (you'll know the boyfriends name by now and you must make an alliterative joke like: example) Daring Dave/Seductive Sebastian or Adonis-esque Adam.

If she doesn't reply to your text you have to forget about it for the moment. Just make a deal with yourself that you'll keep an eye on her relationship status and when she's single, if you still want to you can approach her.

Just don't start chasing amy!
Nosferatu Man is offline   Reply With Quote