Music Banter - View Single Post - The Classical Clarinet Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 05:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
Oh my gosh, I love the clarinet. I actually own a clarinet and can play it somewhat. I'm hoping to learn more! Anyways when I get to a proper computer I'll definitely share some of my favourite pieces with you guys!!!
Fellow clarinetist! I'm actually hoping to learn more about clarinet solos, too. I've already posted my one and only clarinet piece that I love!

I hope you get to a proper computer soon so you can share some of your favorites. I am now reduced to Googling "Clarinet sonata youtube" and searching through the results for any I adore. So far, nothing has stood out for me, not even the 2nd and 3rd movements of the Brahms Sonata No. 2. But I'll post as soon as I find one!

In the meantime, here's a famous clarinet piece that has a sweet, slow feeling...but not much of the strength that I like in the Brahms Sonata No. 2, first movement:

Mozart Clarinet Concerto part 2
Martin Fröst - Clarinet

And since I like Copland, here's his Clarinet Concerto, which sounds like a hazy early morning, right before sunrise, when the cool blue of night lingers on in tranquility for a few more moments before that first ray of sunlight streaks across from the east and the livelier, jaunty day arrives, and eventually turns into sparkling chaos:

Copland Clarinet Concerto. Excerpts (2007)
Jose Franch-Ballester - Clarinet

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 07-21-2011 at 05:59 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote