Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official OFWGKTA thread
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 01:18 PM   #591 (permalink)
Surell
Master, We Perish

Alright, that was pretty smooth. Still reminds me of Em, but yeah, pretty tight.

Dirty, influence has it's limits; there's a point where you're just taking someone's styles and not even trying to make it your own, it's still them through and through. Not everyone wants to hear Eminem through every troubled ass kid who picks up a microphone and some production software. Tyler and Earl are influenced by Em, but do their delivery, flow, or lyrical style sound like him? No. Does Hopsin's delivery, flow, and style sound like Em? Almost as if he copied it. Yuck sound a lot like Dinosaur Jr. in their guitar style and songwriting, but does it sound like they just took Mascis' and Barlow's exact style and ran with it? No. There's still some distinction.

I'm not gonna listen to a rapper whose whole point of rapping is to brag. It's useless, it's like listening to love songs all the time. Turn good lines and metaphors into something abstract, or storytelling, or revealing, not the same old bull**** over and over and over.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

Last edited by Surell; 07-22-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote