Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official OFWGKTA thread
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #592 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
Alright, that was pretty smooth. Still reminds me of Em, but yeah, pretty tight.

Dirty, influence has it's limits; there's a point where you're just taking someone's styles and not even trying to make it your own, it's still them through and through. Not everyone wants to hear Eminem through every troubled ass kid who picks up a microphone and some production software. Tyler and Earl are influenced by Em, but do their delivery, flow, or lyrical style sound like him? No. Does Hopsin's delivery, flow, and style sound like Em? Almost as if he copied it. Yuck sound a lot like Dinosaur Jr. in their guitar style and songwriting, but does it sound like they just took Mascis' and Barlow's exact style and ran with it? No. There's still some distinction.

I'm not gonna listen to a rapper whose whole point of rapping is to brag. It's useless, it's like listening to love songs all the time. Turn good lines and metaphors into something abstract, or storytelling, or revealing, not the same old bull**** over and over and over
i know you like lil wayne man!

But yeah can't get into this either. Has that same junior-psycho vibe that makes tech9 appealing to so many people, just minus any interesting wordplay tech has.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote