Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 06:13 PM   #15846 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1986 View Post
I've just downloaded this and I'm listening to it now. I see they've recycled more of their material haha, 'Greyhounds In The Slips' and 'Popinjay' were already released as standalone singles a couple of years ago and 'Chwyrlio' is basically a ballad version of 'Whirring' sung in Welsh. The other songs just sound like outtakes from The Big Roar but 'The Butterfly's Last Spell' sounds pretty good.
I've only heard The Big Roar (2011) and A Balloon Called Moaning (2009) so they were all new to me, except of course "Chwyrlio". I agree with you though, "The Butterfly's Last Spell" is the best song on the EP.

Blonde Redhead - Melody of Certain Damaged Lemons (2000)

My first experience with the band (I was told they were similar in sound to Autolux) and I have to say I quite enjoyed it. Their were a few more mellow relaxing songs then I was anticipating, but they were still well orchestrated so I can't complain. I'll definitely be checking out some more of their music so if anyone has any recommendations I'd appreciate it.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote