Music Banter - View Single Post - Stevie Wonder
Thread: Stevie Wonder
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 05:31 PM   #116 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodiesfanalways View Post
I saw Stevie Wonder in concert in June of 1972. He was the opening act to the Rolling Stones 1972 worldwide tour. It was only one year previous that he released an interesting lp called "Music Of My Mind".

This was one of those concert tours that wasn't just a concert tour, but an event! "Talking Book" was just released and both am and fm stations had "Superstition" high on the charts.

Stevie played a spirited set; going back and forth between past classics ("Uptight", "I Was made to Love Her", "My Cherie Amour",) with newer material off Talking Book and a new lp that he said "might be released later this year" (actually released that next Spring) The lp would turn out to be Innervisions. At his age at that time he was SUCH a talent! And though he hasn't released a lot of product over the last decade, that talent hasn't waned.

There's lots of great sites online regarding Stevie, Wikipedia has a decent overview of his career.

Stevie Wonder is one of the great recording artists of the past fifty years.
Talking Book is my favorite Stevie Wonder album. I'm pretty jealous you got to see him touring in support of it.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote